Pinterest

A GENIUS OF COUTURE


 Hi, fashion people! In this post I will be writing something about my favourite designer of all times! I knew that my second post would be dedicated to the man who changed my perception of fashion and haute couture in general. And that amazing person is, still is and always will be, Alexander McQueen! I will never forget that moment when I found out that Lee is not alive anymore, that he commited suicide. In my heart and my mind I knew that nothing in fashion design will ever be the same and that a huge gap will forever stay in fashion scene.

Why was Alexander McQueen so influental not just for my experience of fashion but for fashion history in general? He was like pioneer of a new aestheticism, he developed what was the beauty of ugliness, or what was known as "Savage Beauty". He brought on runways shocking and insane visual concepts which pushed boundaries of couture´s perception. What was sooooo amazingly divine in all of this were the perfect cuts, innovative textures and materials, well fitted order in what was at first sight looked like total animosity against known fashion and couture conventions.

Untill yet, on my opinion, no one even has got on a trace of Lee´s genius talent. I cherish Sarah Burton, she is doing great work, but no one will ever be like Alexander! In literature, there is a theory called A Theory Of Perception, when the novel is so outstanding that pushes the expectation of the reader. For me that was Lee´s design! With every collection she pushed that horizon of my visual expectation, in that way that I couldn´t believe how someone could be so exquisitely excellent and madly genius.

But however he was The Maker, the one who produces art at its finest mode, he struggled with inner deconstructions of himself. That´s why he wanted a piece, piece which he couldn´t find in this world. I guess that´s the curse of all genius people, they fight against themselves and in most times they lose it. I miss Lee´s work and this was a little "hommage", on my own kind of way to thank him for all the greatness of beauty, of art, of style and haute couture!

I would like to know who is your favourite designer of all time? What do you think about Alexander McQueen´s work and do you think if somenone will ever be just like him, a pure genius in sense of fashion design?

Thank you for your attention!

Georgia










No comments:

Post a Comment