Pinterest

HAUTE COUTURE AW 2016/2017

Hello my fashion friends! So the haute couture fashion week is coming to end but I have so many collections I want to show you and say few of impressions about it. Today I decided to say something about Elie Saab show. If you read my blogs you already know that I am a huge fan from these designer from Lebanon. He is at the moment my ultimate favourite couturier who brings the best of high fashion. Has he impressed me this time?! Hell,yeah!!!

He brought up the most wide spectrum of couture silhouettes which were all celebrating the femininity at its finest mode. What kind of silhouettes do I mean? Well, very airy and light, with lots of silk and chiffon display, all that boosted with finest embroidery which has almost become a signature sign for Elie Saab´s couture. The elegance was brought even more with belt on every ensemble, accentuating fine waists of the models on runway. More feminine and classy than this, we can not ask for!

The colors were in typical autumn/winter range. Very dark, deep, with lots of  black, purple or royal blue, with few ensembles in powdery shades. Of course green and gold are inevitable and here was the case too.

What I like the most in this whole collection is the variety of styles. We have seen very already mentioned airy and elegant dresses. We have seen very sleek, velvety forms. We have seen how trousers can channel the ultimate glamour, combined with long cape and wavy little rolls around waist. And at the very end the most magnificent moment of the show; the wedding dress. Stunningly rich with tons of tulle with three dimensional embroidered features, that was really the breathtaking moment of the show!

Make up and hair were very old Hollywood glamour alike; red blooded lips, with widged eyeliner and perfectly clear skin. The hair was wavy, with split on the side or taken in low bun. Everything was so on point when it comes to glamour and that is the reason I adore Elie Saab´s work so much!

Do you like this collection? What do you think about it?

Thank you for the attention!

Georgia! xo



















No comments:

Post a Comment